Our Conference Theme
“Sustainable materials and technologies within multi-functional pavements – designing for climate change.”
6th ISAP/APE Symposium 2019
ISAP/APE aims to dovetail with CAPSA 2019, bring an international perspective of research and development, with creative, sustainable solutions for flexible pavements in a context of global warming.
Symposium at a glance
ISAP Asphalt Pavements and Environment has the pleasure of announcing the 6th ISAP/APE Symposium on 13th October 2019 at Sun City.
ISAP offers a forum through APE, for international asphalt pavement technology enhancement, research and information exchange. Following the tradition of previous such events, this ISAP/APE is link to a locally established conference, aiming to enhance the international flavour of the events
The ISAP/APE programme has been developed to enable highly relevant invited papers, primarily international, with significant potential contributions to southern Africa.
ISAP/APE has identified 12 invited speakers. Selected papers (approximately 6) will be recommended for Journal publication with Road Materials and Pavement Design.
Technical Focus Areas
- New technologies and innovations including:
- Multifunctional pavements in Smart Roads
- Climate change’s influence on pavement design,
- Sustainable materials to resist damage within a warmer environment
- By-products and secondary materials recycling in asphalt pavements
- Binder rheology – interaction between Reclaimed Asphalt RA and new binder
- Cold recycling of RAP
- BSM-foam with added lime for extra performance
- Recent developments in BSM technology
- Life cycle analysis
- this Focus Area will transfer to the CAPSA 2019 conference
Sunday, 13th October 2019, Sun City
Early bird registration closes:
19 April 2019
SCHEDULE OF SUBMISSION for invited speakers
Full Paper Submission
14th February 2019
27th May 2019
Final Paper Submission
31st July 2019